Monday, July 1, 2013

Week 13...Hello, Vomit.

As of Sunday, June 30, I am 13 weeks along! It was the roughest Sunday I have had since being pregnant, though. Usually Sundays are a day to rejoice because not only are they the only guaranteed day off for Texan and I to have together--Saturdays are a toss-up--but we get to go to church, and of course we get to take our weekly belly pic! But this Sunday was destined to be different.

I was awoken at 5 am by extreme hunger. But I was too tired to get out of bed and eat, and I do not like eating at strange times, so I quickly fell back to sleep. Then, as we were driving to church at 9:30, I remembered just how hungry I really was! I told Texan when we got to church, "I need to go to the café and get something to eat, or I won't make it through service." So we went down to the café where they usually have muffins or donuts for 50 cents. But alas, they were all out. "There are some delicious breakfast burritos that someone made, though!" encouraged the friendly café attendant. Wow, all of a sudden a breakfast burrito sounded great. Texan and I each grabbed one and scarfed them down, sharing a Sprite. Then we went to service where we shared a piece of bubble gum, and everything seemed fine. But when prayer circle began at 11 am in Sunday school, I got terribly hot. My hands felt like they were on fire, and my sweet friend's perfume or deodorant or something was making me nauseated. My mouth filled with saliva, and I dropped hands with my friend on one side, and Texan on the other, exited the room, and knelt over a toilet. Thank GOD the bathroom is right next door to our classroom. But nothing came out. I waited five minutes, then decided that maybe I was mistaken. As I took my seat again in class, prayer circle was over and someone was reading scripture aloud from  2 Corinthians. Someone passed me a trash can. Thank GOD most of the people in our class know exactly how I'm feeling (or they know how it feels to be married to someone who feels like me). But as soon as the trash can hit the ground, I was off and running to the bathroom again, where I was sick for about 10-15 minutes. That burrito leapt out of me uncontrollably until I was dry-heaving over the bathroom sink as a tried to rinse my mouth out. Texan took me home, where I ejected the lining of my stomach on the front lawn, then took a 3-hour nap after snacking on some grapes with cheese and crackers to settle my stomach.

This is by far the fastest onset of sickness I have experienced in my pregnancy. And I feel fine today. At work this morning, someone told me that I am definitely having a girl. Apparently my symptoms and past cravings are very similar to her FOUR pregnancies with girls. I'm not sure I believe her, but she has a 50/50 chance of being right, and 7 kids at home, so I'll nod and smile.



Tomorrow I have my 13-week checkup! No ultrasound this time, but I may be able to hear the baby's heartbeat. I am also taking dinner and dessert to a family in our Sunday school class who just gave birth to a baby girl. We had two births in our class in the same weekend! Both girls. I am taking diapers to the other family. It's very nice  to know that these are the same people who will be there for us when we have our little one. We are very blessed.

Emotions this week: Testy with people at work. Little patience. Quick temper. I have to stay in the word and keep praying for patience.
Eating this week: Normal, ate chicken for the first time at dinner tonight. Two or three bites. Still loving my milk and really cant wait to go buy cereal tomorrow. I would love some Cheerios right now. Wow, leave it to me to write about my eating habits and make myself hungry in the process.

And here is our 13-week picture. I'm rocking a post-work disheveled look. Belly is small, clearly sticking out to Texan and I. But no one else seems to notice.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE reading your blog. My guess is girl. I'd put money on it!

    ReplyDelete