Sunday, July 21, 2013

Four Months Already...

Disclaimer on this week's picture! Texan and I and eight of our dear friends went to Italian food after church where Texan and I shared a calzone (and I ate a salad of my own). So PLEASE excuse how big my stomach looks. I mean, yeah...I'm pregnant. But when I saw the picture I couldn't believe my eyes! It has since gone down, but we took the picture immediately after returning home as we were leaving to hang out with some fun people. I don't know. This stomach thing is weird.


Anyway...here's what's happening this week.

This past week was my first full week not working. I know I won't be working more than a couple days a month, if at all, once Little Texan arrives. But I would like to work until he/she gets here as long as I can. But we're trying it out, because of many things all culminating to this month led to us deciding that I should at least take the month of July off and see how things look once the school year starts. And this week sure did go by slowly. I could've got a lot done. I could've finished a scrapbook or sewed some of  my belly bands. But I figured if I'm not working, I don't really want to be out driving around spending money on crafts and whatnot. I'll save that for later on...

So, I cleaned, made delicious dinners, made an organized grocery list and stuck to it. I played with my dogs, watched way too much Netflix, and made business calls that Texan can't because he's too busy at work some days. This was such a busy week for my sweet, tired hubby. I'm glad we had a nice Sunday together with friends.

As far as the pledges I committed to in last week's post--I stuck to them! I did speed walking on Monday, and walk-jogging on Thursday and Friday. This entails speed walking broken up by running in small intervals. It felt great. But here's what I'm noticing about my body this week:
I get sore really fast. For instance, my legs are aching from my workout, and my back is sore from walking the dogs.
I'm not sleeping as soundly as usual. I have a hard time falling back to sleep once something has woken me up.
I need to be very cold to sleep comfortably.
I have times of extreme thirst. I take advantage of these times and drink copious amounts of water.
I am getting better about reading my  body's hungry signals. There was a week where I would get to the point of sweating and feeling faint because I would push past the point of hunger...hunger that turns itself on and off like a light switch. 

Here's something not about my body that I'm noticing...I am really tired of people telling me things that I'm going to hate about motherhood. I'm getting really testy with all the "just wait..." talk. I get it. Being a mom is hard work. But it's what many of us are called to do. We grow our families and stretch out our hearts until it's like each of our children is a piece of our heart walking around outside of our body.. It can be terrifying.  It can break us. But I also believe it will be the most incredible bearer of joy that no other calling in life could bestow upon me. Now let me get off my soapbox and finish up with a picture.



No comments:

Post a Comment