Sunday, June 23, 2013

Twelve Weeks and more swimming

So, we've reached the 12th week! This weekend was another fun-in-the-sun time with friends. I donned my maternity bathing suit (borrowed from my older sister) not because my usual bikini wouldn't have fit, but because I feel kind of immodest around my friends who usually wear board shorts with their bathing suits, then there I am baring it all. I definitely realized after getting the suit wet that I have a lot of room to grow in it. It sagged all day around my belly since my bump is nothing really to speak of. But I felt very comfortable in it, nonetheless. In honor of it being the 12th week* I took a bare belly pic of my "bump" for the blog just in case this is the last time my belly looks somewhat normal and not all huge or stretchy.


It's weird how when I'm wearing clothes the bump looks bigger to me. Although, I was wearing a very poufy dress to church today with a belt AND had just had a big lunch before the picture. I look like a need a nap in this picture! I definitely had one immediately afterwards.

Favorite moments of this week:
Random cravings (cherry blow-pops, corn dogs)
Random bursts of energy
Doing the insanity workout with friends and being told  to "take a break, preggo!"
Going on a 4-mile evening bike ride double-date with friends and getting to ride a tandem bike for the first time!
Swimming and eating fresh summer fruit by the pool.
Waking up from a nap to Texan asking me sweetly, "Why so sleepy? Busy making a baby?"
Texan's new song for rubbing my belly, "That baby bump, the bump, the baby bump..." haha!
Registering for car seat, pack n play, stroller, and such at BUY BUY BABY and Babies R Us.

We have just over a week until our next appointment to make sure everything is going well. Can't wait!
*The week in which I promised to embrace the bump...

No comments:

Post a Comment