Monday, June 17, 2013

10 and 11 weeks

Here we are, getting close to that 2nd trimester mark! I am currently 11 weeks along, and looking ever-forward to 12 weeks--which is where I have decided that I will embrace a baby bump...which seems to be appearing without my consent already at 11 weeks. Oh well, I have been pretty pudgy the last two weeks on and off, mostly bloated or otherwise much of the time. But now I have to say, "Oh well, let the baby bump come."*
<br>
This weekend my parents came into town for a 2-day visit where my mom actually rubbed my belly and said, "Aww, I see the baby." Yep. When Mom says it, it's happening. We had lots of relaxing fun in our weekend. We ate out at various eateries, went antique shopping (browsing), had way too much ice cream, and watched movies. I got to introduce my parents to all of my friends at Sunday school, and they helped me touch up my VBS room for the coming week. They said they are very proud of me for teaching VBS for the first time. It was nice to have them around. They have so much love to give Texan and I, just like good parents do.
<br>
In my 10th week, I took a turn for the nauseated. Wednesday night, instead of bible study, we handed out fliers for VBS. Walking door-to-door was exhausting, and I ended up sleeping 12 hours that night! The long night was quickly followed by vomiting first thing in the morning. The good thing about this day was that I was not at a lack of energy for once! I mopped my kitchen floor before work, and had a pretty good day at work to follow. But ever since then, my stomach hasn't been quite right. For the most part it is, but then there are days like yesterday where whether hungry or starving I felt the same...nauseated. But I can whole-heartedly say "Oh well" to that, because my energy most days is back in full swing. It's great.
<br>
I'm feeling pretty morose today, though. I think a good night's sleep will probably solve it. It seems that any day where I wake up before 9 a.m. I end up feeling pretty weepy by dinner time. It's just these emotions...taking me over...remember that song? Anyway, here are my 10-week and 11-week pictures.
<br>
*I don't mean it. I actually have a terrible fear that I'm just fat even though I have only gained 1.5 lbs. Sigh, I guess I should just let it be.

No comments:

Post a Comment