Thursday, June 19, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday


Here are the Top Ten Reasons I know I'm a stay-at-home mom:

10. Mealtime is anytime. Gone are the days where I ate breakfast when I woke up, lunch around noon and dinner around 6. Now it's, "Hmm, it's 3 o'clock. Should I eat my breakfast or just wait for dinner?"

9. I always have the subtitles turned on while watching Netflix/DVDs. That way I can have the volume low and not overstuimulate baby if she's awake or wake her if she's sleeping. Also, I like to run the dishwasher at night, which usually drowns out any volume that may have been turned up in the first place. 

8. My day basically revolves around feeding others. Scarlett, are you hungry? You need to eat before we go. Where's my nursing cover? What should I make for dinner tonight? I will take a shower after I pack Daddy's lunch for tomorrow. Honey, do you need a snack? Did you have enough to eat? I have to get groceries. There's plenty left. Leftovers. Yes, taco soup again. I made a triple batch. 

7. I am the hand-washing police. Did you wash your hands? Wait, let me wash my hands. Don't let her chew your finger, it's filthy! First, wash your hands. Warm water. More soap. That's body wash. Antibacterial. Let me smell. 

6. My personal time happens any time baby is sleeping. How much can I achieve in the next 45 minutes. Should I sleep? Coffee? Laundry, definitely laundry. 

5. I'll take any excuse to talk about my baby. That's a beautiful red blouse! Why, speaking of red, my daughter's name is Scarlett and she's magnificent! (I haven't used that one yet, but it's actually pretty good).

4. I speak in the third person. And I have to shut it off when adults are around. Mommy has to change the laundry, then she'll hold you. Mommy knows how hard it is to be tired and grumpy. She feels the same way.

3. I have a new struggle. And that struggle is stain removal. I have never felt so much fear that a stain might not come out. She has only worn this outfit twice! It's one of my favorites. Who knew a BANANA would stain? Why did I use a cloth bib on squash night? This bib is ruined!

2. (Related to #3) I have a new power. It is the power of oxygen...it's the stain-fighting power of Oxy-Clean! This stuff removes ANY stain. I have never felt so much elation at the sight of a once-stained onesie coming clean. And there are so many uses, according to the back of the jar. Upholstery, grout...the list goes on. I want to buy stock, bathe in it, sprinkle it on my lawn! 

1. I wake up every morning excited about what I do. I get to lay on the living room floor and play with my baby, visit my family when the mood strikes, nap. I know all of her sounds, her different cries, the different ways she sucks her thumb to tell me what she's feeling, and her schedule. I know I am so blessed to have my sweet 6-month-old to take care of, a new home to keep up with, and a hard-working husband to love. 

At 6 months Scarlett is sitting up very well. She still falls over, especially when she is tired or sees something she wants, though. She has nearly 6 teeth. Her middle top ones are starting to break through after the top lateral incisors, which is out of order for the norm. She eats carrots, zucchini, squash, pears, eggs, avocados and bananas so far and can hold a sippy cup. Although she just likes chewing on it, not drinking from it. She prefers to nurse over eating, especially when she isn't feeling well and she takes 3 naps a day totalling 3-6 hours a day of napping. Today she napped for a totalof 5.5 hours. She loves the sound of my voice when I am reading and singing. It catches her attention and puts a smile on her face. She sleeps well at night, from 8:45-5 am then going back to sleep until 8 or 9. Although last night she slept from 7-5 and then until 8. But she is fighting an ear infection and a cold still. She is my giggly, happy girl who loves her daddy and her whole family. 



No comments:

Post a Comment