Saturday, June 21, 2014

A House For Baby

I am aware that this flower is ridiculous. I bought it to clip onto her caraway but she always pulls it off. So I put it on her headband today.
This past Wednesday we signed the papers on our very first house. 
Work began immediately for Texan as he rushed to scrape all the ceilings to remove the "popcorn" style texture, paint over the newly scraped ceiling, paint the raised wood paneling (which is in the dining room, living room and hallway), and paint the base boards. As of today he is ready to paint the ceilings but has to wait for the spakel to dry. 
Scarlett and I went over to bring a new box of spakel from Home Depot and drop off some lunch for Texan this afternoon. Our friend, John, was there helping and his wife and I sat on the back patio enjoying the weather. Scarlett got a chance to reunite with her exersaucer, since it had been in our new home's garage for the past week. I had to cut down on the amount of her toys that lingered around the house here while I clean. 

Wondering why we had stuff over at the new house already a week ago? We are friends with the people we bought the house from! So on Sunday they "secretly" gave us keys to start moving boxes into the garge so I could start cleaning our current rental. It's one of the many perks of knowing the sellers. 
This I what Scarlett has been sitting in since we moved her exersaucer. It's actually a walker, but she is too short for it so her feet dangle. She is happy in it for about 15 minutes then I think it hurts her little thighs.
Since we got the keys we were able to remove all of the boxes and excess furniture leaving only our beds, dressers and living room furniture. I couldn't live in the box maze very long. Unfinished work gives me anxiety (and I know I'm not special or alone in this regard) so this in-between faze is getting old. 

Vbs ended Friday and it was nice to sleep in until almost 9 am today because it wore my sweet baby out having to be up and out the door every morning by 8:30! Ok, maybe 8:45, but it was tiring nonetheless when you're used to staying in most days. I think it's safe to say she'll be catching up on sleep this weekend. 

We are working on standing. She loves to stiffen those legs and be held up at eye level to make faces at me.
This is her sitting unsupported and you can see she's going down quickly. Her right arm is waving goodbye to sitting up and she crash landed the second I snapped this shot. But her longest sitting up has lasted about 10 seconds, so progress is good. She got lots of practice this week because she was one of only two babies not sitting unsupported yet, all the other babies cheered her on as she practiced. Just kidding, one of them did slap her in the face. 

That's our week in a nutshell. Before/after pictures of the house and Scarlett's six months pictures will be here before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment