Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Exersaucer

Here's my thought progression on the exersaucer:

I loathe the exersaucer.

It is huge.

It is loud.

Grumble...loud clanking noises as I drag it out of the spare (overly-crammed) bedroom and plop it in the middle of the living room floor...

My living room used to be MY living room.

*See Scarlett smile and hop about in ecstasy*

It is Scarlett's new "happy place."

I tolerate the exersaucer.

I always assumed I would get Scarlett an exersaucer, so when Texan's Momma gave it to me (Scarlett) I was so grateful...but then I wondered where I was going to put it. Our present home is a little 3-bedroom, 2-bathroom duplex that is perfect for us...but it doesn't have  a garage or a very large attic. That's why we are house-hunting! Yes, we need more room to put all of Scarlett's toys. But for now, I store the behemoth toy between Texan's home gym and our guest bed in our third bedroom. Now that Scarlett is gaining strength in her back for sitting up, she enjoys her saucer much more for up to 30 minutes! I am actually to the point where I get it out specifically when I need to be in the kitchen. She loves to be able to see me while she stays busy with her toys. And I love that she isn't old enough to get herself into trouble around the house...yet.

How can I resist that happy little face? Thank you, Mimi for our big, giant happy place!





No comments:

Post a Comment