Sunday, May 19, 2013

First Swim and Seven Weeks

Today was a Sunday of fun in the sun. We had a cookout/pool party with three couples from our Sunday school class that lasted well into the evening. I was too pooped to party anymore by 6 o'clock, but I've grown tired of ruining everything for Texan just because I'm not up to doing things the way I used to. So, we stayed long enough for him to play a mean game of basketball with our friends while I sat on the sidelines watching our friends' baby, during which, my sweet friend fed her son dinner and he cheered on the players. It felt like a nice change to hang back from the action and chill with the babies. Here are a few other things that have changed since manifest baby happened...


1. Crying. I cry over anything that "touches" me. Not just sappy commercials or songs, either. I'm talking Cake Boss on TLC. Do you know that show? A bakery in New Jersey makes specialty cakes and desserts for people and their events like birthdays, bachelorette parties, weddings, etc. Well, lately when I watch it, every time Buddy (the cake boss) delivers a cake to the customers and they see the cake...I cry. My heart cries, "They're so happy! It's exactly what they wanted!" It's lame. Not the show--my crying.

2. My relationship with Texan. Today a friend of mine whose son is 11 months told me that when my baby is born, I will love my husband more than I ever did before. And I can already feel that. We have a different connection than ever before, and it's something I'll never share with anyone else. It's thrilling and scary at the same time. And when he passes me in the hall and pats my stomach or kisses me on the forehead as he leaves the room, I can tell that he feels the same thing.

3. The way I look at my body. This one's easy. I am usually very hard on myself about my ship-shapedness, but now I just look at myself and say, "I'm thankful for this, and I hope it doesn't all disappear completely. Amen."


Aaaaaand, here's a 7-weeks photo.




Don't sell out on God's eternal plan for you just because of the intensity of today's pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment