Thursday, May 16, 2013

Mommy with a capital "M." Welcome!

Welcome to Mommy Out West. This is a blog created by a first-time twenty-something wife and teacher. It was created to help put into words the exploration of uncharted (by me, as of yet) territory upon which I am about to embark. With Texan (my hubby) by my side, two sisters (and seasoned mothers) each willing to lend their advice, and a support group a country mile wide, this Florida girl will take on Texas and motherhood one trimester at a time.
How to read Mommy Out West:
Texan-Here is my hubby (and myself) of 3 years as of May 30, 2013. He was raised in Texas, but we met in Florida and moved back in December 2012. You'll read a lot about him, despite the blog being mostly about me and my pregnancy. I like to think he had something to do with all of this...hah! Okay, enough with the sexual innuendoes.
Here's something I like to do. Footnotes* I find my self elaborating on things in the midst of a story, or even in the midst of another elaboration. So, I have resolved to use an asterisk to point out those moments where I would like to elaborate, and you can follow the asterisk to the bottom of the page where you will find my elaboration. That way you can go on reading, or if you are easily distracted, you can skip to the bottom of the page to find out what I find so important to deserve an asterisk. Here's an example:
My dog's* hot breath is making me nauseated.
I think I have sufficiently prepared you to read, Reader. Please feel free to comment with phrases like, "Wow! I craved cheese something fierce, too!" (please, someone comment that so I can feel less self-conscious about my cheese craving...) or advice, or "it'll be worth it in the end," because that never gets old.
Enjoy!

*My dog's name is Woody, and I love him dearly. But since I have conceived a child, I find any warmth (air, lack of a breeze, breath--mainly breath) to be absolutely appalling. But he is my fur baby and I will prove all of those animal-haters wrong. You know what I'm talking about? Those women who say in their best advice-giving twit voice, "Once you hold your baby, you'll do exactly what I did...(dramatic pause)...you'll take that dog straight to the pound." So, am I to believe that when I am a mother I will have lost all capacity for loving other species other than my own, you small-minded buffoon? You get the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment