Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Las Vegas and 11 Months

Tomorrow morning Scarlett Jane will be 11 months old. Here's what we have been up to recently:
-Scarlett loves to put lids on things. I discovered this on our plane ride out to Vegas the week of Thanksgiving. I brought her new sippy cup and a squeezy baby food pouch--astronaut food, so called by Scarlett's Grampy--and she was just as interested in returning the lids to each of the vessels as she was in tasting their contests. It's her new thing any time I take a lid off of something before handing it to her. She demands the lid and tries to return it to its rightful place. She's actually got pretty good coordination.
-Scarlett loves to yell "Ha-Dah!" whenever she is in an echoing place, such as the bathtub--or the Titanic Exhibition at the Luxor in Las Vegas. Do you know the one? The true-to-life historical re-creation of the wreckage that is very somber and quite morbid and doesn't call for a shouting baby to ruin the mood? Well, her Aunt Leah and I thought it was funny at least.
-Scarlett has learned the sign language for "more" but only uses it when she is being sung to. I would love for her to tell me she wants more sweet potatoes or more eggs, but alas, she just wants more horn on the bus go BEEP BEEP BEEP at this point. She's a lady who knows what she likes.
-Scarlett shuffles around on two legs as long as she is holding onto something, like her Aunt Leah's coffee table. Here is my nephew, Levi, trying to kiss her. She evades him, narrowly escaping his pursed lips.
Scarlett and I spent 10 days in Vegas visiting my sister. We saw strip^
The inside of Cesar's Palace...
And the dancing fountains at the Bellagio. 
There was more seen that day, but you just had to be there. 
On thanksgiving^
Watching uncle Steve play football with big cousin, Steven Jr.
Gabby was so sweet to her!
My nephews are such snuggle bugs. They love to read aloud to anyone who will sit still long enough, especially Jack. Missing his cuddles! (I'm not sleeping in this pic, I'm looking at the book...)

This was my last day in Vegas. Levi climbed right into my lap. It took him 10 days to warm up to me, but I'll take it! And doesn't Scarlett look pleased? Her sweet smirk is just the frost to my flakes.

My favorite part of Vegas wasn't the city lights, the cookies my sister baked or the holiday festivities. It was laughing with my sister until I couldn't breathe, watching our evening soap opera drama together, seeing my niece and nephews get excited for Christmas and cherishing their sweet hugs as I said goodbye. My neice asked me, "Are we going to cry when we say goodbye?" No! Because I get to see them all again in March! 
Scarlett and I are sleeping great now that we are home in our own beds. It is so nice to be home enjoying all of the sweet memories from our trip. 
She still wakes up once or twice in the night, eats a mix of solids and purée, loves bread above all foods, nurses day and night, has a molar and is working on 3 more, is starting to get curly hair at the nape of her neck, LOVES to be crazy in the bathtub, is fearless in water and on stairs/ledges, says "bye bye," "mama," "dada," "BA," (for the dogs) and "nee-nee-nee" when she is upset. She sucks her thumb, doesn't know a stranger, and loves to try to feed me. She smes when she sees her Daddy and crawls faster than any baby I've seen when she is up to something. She is my girl, my fresh air, my Scarlett Janey-poo.

No comments:

Post a Comment