Thursday, November 27, 2014

Scarlett's First Turkey Day

I always want to remember Scarlett's first thanksgiving. She had 3 diaper blowouts that day. I thought moving up to size 3 would solve our blowout problems--wrong. 
She ate some ham and stuffing for dinner, then had a 40-minute nap right through the rest of the meal. I enjoyed that time so I could focus on my food and help clean up. After she woke up she played and had a bath. She was a wild woman in the tub--splashing and shouting all the while. Then she ate some more ham, applesauce, green beans and stuffing. She was very social with every single one of the 20 guests in attendance and even learned to climb stairs. She climbed them over and over as I followed closely behind her, returning her to the base once she had reached the summit. She stayed up until 9! But that was simply because the house was so full of people and on Nevada time it was only 7, so kids were running and jumping and adults were laughing and talking. There were lots of times during the day where I wished Texan was there. While I bathed her, while she climbed the stairs for the first time, while she ate her thanksgiving meal.
This is what she looked like 5 minutes before I took her upstairs to see if she wanted to nurse and she instantly passed out in my arms. 

I love her more with every breath. I am beyond thankful for my Scarlett Janie-Poo. I am also thankful for the beautiful outfits given to her by her Mimi, Nanny and Aunt Shoe. She was the belle of the ball, as usual. All she was missing was her Prince Charming--Daddy, of course. 
But we know he works so hard so we can have fun with our extended family who we rarely see. And we will make up for lost time by making extra special memories at home for Christmas! There's no place like home for the holidays! 

No comments:

Post a Comment