Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Scarlett's Birthday Party--Planning

I am so excited for Scarlett's first birthday. It's not only a celebration of the day she came into our arms and the year that followed. January 10th of 2014 was also the biggest day in mine and Texan's lives. And for me, it was the day I discovered an untapped well of love and nourishing. Scarlett has brought out my favorite part of myself. Thanks, little baby.

When it came time to choose a theme--who am I kidding? There was never a time to choose a theme. I was trolling the Pinterest boards mindlessly months ago when I came across a tea cup or something or other...and it hit me like a good shot of espresso! A tea party theme. That's it! When I counted up the family that lives close enough to attend, I decided the house would feel very cramped with that many people in it, especially if the weather is nasty and forces us to stay inside, as it very well could be in mid January. So, I found out through a friend that our church is open to hosting parties. Which is perfect because our church is a beautiful, convenient location for a little shin-dig! Tables, chairs, a full kitchen, it has everything we need for a fabulous day. Yesterday I made the invitations, so it seems a party is imminent. Yes, I need to hand them out still, but that's just a technicality. It's happening.

Does having a tea-themed party mean that I can guzzle down as much coffee as I want without shame or retribution and claim that it's in the spirit of the party? Say yes.

The invitations are printed on card stock, the "afternoon tea"-themed stickers are from a Melissa and Doug book I found at Target, and the little tags are from Office Max--made awesome by some glittery scrapbook paper cut to look like a teabag tag.
 
I love that each one is a little bit different and I made more than needed so I can have one to put in her scrap book. By the time this party is over, I am going to exert every last ounce of creativity that I possess, or that my budget will allow. That's my goal.
 
*There are a few little baby gentlemen who will receive invitations, and on their invitations I placed some dapper little prince charming stickers. This sticker book I found has a ton of themed pages, including a princess page, which is where I got the princes.
My only wish is that all of our favorite ladies could come be fancy with us: My sister and niece in Vegas (oh, heck, bring the boys too!), our Florida friends and family--we miss you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment