Sunday, November 3, 2013

Week 31

Ok, so there's been a lot of activity in the comment section about what I have written on my belly pic board this week. (Just kidding, no one comments on my blog. And no one reads what's on my board. But let me pretend my blog gets a lot of traffic, k?) On my board this week is written: Baby will start making memories this week. Say what? Yeah, I read it in my What to Expect When You're Expecting book. Apparently, this is the week where baby starts retaining things heard in the womb and can recognize things by accessing memory. Could be a load of cat manure, but if it's in the book, I accept it.

My favorite thing to do at night when I am trying to fall asleep is to imagine being with my baby. ~Nursing her in her nursery by the soft glow of the lamp I registered for at Target, ahem, Mom, ahem.
~Dressing her for her first trip to church--outfit courtesy of Grammy and Grampy.
~Starting a bedtime ritual as she starts sleeping through the nights. Hooded towel, lavender baby lotion, footie pajamas, a story.
~And most of all I love to imagine rocking her while I sing to her. As I've written before, I love to sing. In the shower, in a car, in a karaoke bar...ok not anymore. Mostly just at church and around the house. I like to think of songs that will be fun to sing to her while I change her or sooth her cries. When my niece, Gabby was a baby, I visited a lot and got to spend a ton of time with her at that adorable age. She was always so cheery and delightful. I used to sing Stevie Wonder's "Isn't She Lovely" to her while I got her ready for bed or changed her diapers. I have fond memories of singing to all of my nieces and nephews when they were small, especially the older ones who were babies when I was in college and spent all of my money on plane tickets to visit my sisters. Lately I've had this  song stuck in my head. It has such a beautiful melody, plus it's Disney, so I can't go wrong. I know it's sad, but she won't understand the words, so sue me.

Are you worried that I'm romanticizing the idea of motherhood? Because I'm not. I have plenty of daydreams about poop explosions, my sweet baby throwing a fit during bath time (which I'm SURE she'll love) or changings or any time I try to take a picture of her. She'll have things that she likes and dislikes, I know. Or maybe she'll be really chill and never cry and always smile. Maybe.

My appointment on Tuesday is my last monthly checkup. The following one or two will be bi-monthly and then weekly. I'm so glad, because I have so many things to ask my doc this week. All of my uncomfortable symptoms seemed amplified this weekend by the fact that Texan went on a 4-day and 3-night hunting excursion. My lack of sleep and feeling of vulnerability left me freaking out when my fingers started to tingle and feel numb at 2 a.m. Then my whole left hand. I'M HAVING A HEART ATTACK! Ok, no. Calm down.

The prize in the cracker jack box that was THE WEEKEND FROM HADIES was the fact that my parents came for a visit. Friday night they got in around 9 and then Saturday we spent the day shopping. We went to the military installation to shop for Thanksgiving groceries, which sounds boring but is so much fun! My mom stocked up on fixings for green been casserole and stuffing. We priced turkeys but were unimpressed by the prices...$1.20/lb...not so good. Then we went to the mall where my mom went WILD in bed, bath and beyond. This is the swag I scored on Saturday. It was like Christmas, but then again it's always Christmas when my parents come to town. Disclaimer: This picture does not include the jammies and socks that my mom bought for SJ. Nor does it show the awesome breakfast, Starbucks, and dinner my parents treated me to. They are way too good to me!



I got my British cookies, my favorite Christmas cookie mix, some caffeine-free Shasta, plenty of smell-goods from B&B Works, and oh, laundry detergent they were practically GIVING AWAY for baby SJ's sensitive baby skin.

Here I am at the end of a long day of hauling in loot all about town. My mom gave me a quick re-teach on a double stitch in my crocheting before they left, and that was the end of their visit. It was too quick! I spent the whole evening missing Texan and crocheting a throw for the living room couch.

 Here's something for all of you who swore I was having a girl. At a checkout line this week the cashier was a mid-50's lady who said, "You're having a little girl, aren't you? You're carrying her good and high. That's how I know." Weird how people have their ways of guessing. I've also been getting, "You're almost 8 months? She's going to be small!" Hmm. Healthy Healthy Healthy. That's all that matters. Don't be too small, SJ. You don't have to prove anything to anyone.

1 comment: