Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Week 34--Oh, and 33 and 32.

I took a hiatus from blogging the past two weeks because I have been THAT busy! Last weekend my mom came on Friday to prep for my shower that was on Sunday. So we spent the weekend shopping, baking, and being your typical mother-daughter duo. Oh, did I say typical? Well, at one point I was driving us to dinner after she got in on Friday afternoon and I heard her new iPhone make that camera shutter sound, so I asked, "What are you doing over there?" Her reply? "I'm sending your dad a selfie." Yeah, we're typical I guess.

We ate fried pickles as an appetizer and enjoyed dinner and a little shopping followed by Christmas movie and an early bedtime that night. But despite being early to bed on Friday night, I awoke completely unrested do to the lack of oxygen in my lungs. I think my little long-legged babykins was stretching her gams, which left me completely wide awake at 4:45 after waking up every 2 hours to pee and try to breath. I finally had given up and decided to mop the floors and clean out my fridge. At least the rest of the weekend I slept great and haven't had such a horrible night since.

My baby shower was awesome. My sister and her family came into town at 12:45 and we had tacos for lunch then rushed off to my sweet friend, Carrie's house for the festivities. Here's something funny--Carrie put balloons up at every turn so that people would be able to find her house easily. So smart! Well, it turns out that there was another shower in her neighborhood. Same day, same time. So some poor, sweet lady showed up to the wrong party and quickly exclaimed, "I'm at the wrong party!" And silly me, I had just said "hi" to her like nothing was wrong. It wasn't until we had all laughed about her mistake that I realized, I guess this is my shower, so I should have realized that there's this random lady I've never seen before. But I just didn't want to go up to her and ask her what she was doing at my shower. I'm too nice, I guess. Yeah, that's it...

All of the décor was exactly what I wanted at my shower. I wanted it to be country chic with mason jars and lots of homemade cookies and milk and sweet tea. My friends did such a good job with everything, and even stressed themselves out over a few small details. There's something so humbling when people go out of their way to make you happy! Don't worry, I was (sarcastically) told to quit having such high expectations at one point during planning. But they definitely blew me away with how sweet and perfect everything was, all in all. Here are a few pics taken by my sweet sister.
(Disclaimer: I hate every picture of my 8.5 month pregnant self, so I'll mostly stick with ones that don't include me).
Texan's Mom and my Mom

 I drank so much milk at this thing, as you probably could've guessed.
 
 The banner says, "Welcome Baby SJ." I Hung it in her nursery.


My sister did such a good job with the cupcakes. And she even made the little toppers with the help of Mom's Crickut. (That's really how you spell it, I guess. Google it).

Here are some updates on my pregnancy:
~I have started having appointments every 2 weeks now.
~I have two new moles--yikes. My doc says increased estrogen makes them typical in pregnancy. They are normal and regular-looking. So, I can be thankful for that.
~I can no longer wear my wedding rings without fear of having to get them sawed off. I force them on when I'm leaving the house and have to use lotion to take them off. I just hate not wearing them.
~Texan has officially requested that we take a tour of the maternity ward where we will be delivering. I think he's trying to prepare. I signed us up for Thursday's tour/class. Yay!
~I have slowed down on my workouts these past two weeks due to serious cramping in my abdomen when I work out. My doctor says it's normal to have CONTRACTIONS while working out. No thanks.
~My feet swell and ache if I'm on them for more than two hours.
~My hips are killing me lately.
~I actually broke down crying because I was so overtired and my feet hurt so bad on Saturday after not sleeping the night before and shopping the whole day. Texan didn't seem amused. Ha!
~Baby's nursery is only missing wall-treatments, curtains, and a changing table. But, basically, it's ready for a little one any time now. I even washed all of her clothes and jammies.

And, finally, here are some of the things I have been doing these past two weeks that have kept me so busy!
~I volunteered as a server at our local food pantry/"soup" kitchen twice last week. I put soup in quotes because we actually serve real meals with choice of drink, salad, meat, starch, veggie, and dessert. Our church is in charge of all food and volunteers for one week every three months. It was great fun, but exhausting.
~I had to turn our guest room into a nursery, and our weight room into a guest/weight room. There were a few days where all I did was rearrange closets, fill bags for yard sale, trash, and donation. Again, exhausting.
~I am in charge (am I?) of planning our group yard sale this weekend because it was my idea (was it?) Plus, I can't remember anything anymore.
~My sister surprised me and came into town to spend the day with me a couple weeks ago, and it was so nice! She even helped me clean my house and rearranged my living room for me to give me a nice change. I love what she's done with the place!


Hopefully the next blog will include pictures of a nursery. I'm no sure if we'll have the changing table yet, since we are still waiting for Amazon to refund the money for the one they sent that was the wrong color. It was a mess, but hopefully we can get a WHITE one soon enough. But, hey! The next blog should include some pictures of my Thanksgiving preparations since Thanksgiving will be my 35 week anniversary (?) I don't know. I feel like 35 weeks is A LOT. I have to be more diligent about blogging, because my days are limited now. To state the obvious, every day is closer and closer to delivery.

Captain Obvious out!

No comments:

Post a Comment